Not a technical post today (not that I am technical) but still an important one.
I have been using Azure for 1.5 years now and I am still fascinated by the ever-changing technology. Talking of ever-changing, I had a nice email from Microsoft about Azure price changes. Do read on!
Based on their periodic assessment starting January 1, 2017 here is the summary of the changes:
- British pound prices for Azure will increase by 22 percent to more closely align to euro pricing.
- Azure prices in Indian rupee, Argentine peso, and Mexican peso will increase.
- Azure prices in South African rand and Indonesian rupiah will decrease to realign to global levels.
- Customers or partners who purchased Azure within an EA, EAS, MPSA, or SCE agreement have price protection on currently offered Azure services and will receive the lower of their baseline price or the new market price.
- Customers under the Pay-As-You-Go model enjoy the benefits of no minimum purchase requirements and have flexible pricing. For these customers, prices will increase effective January 1, 2017.
- Azure purchased via Open – Consumption rates will increase effective January 1, 2017, to the new pricing in British pounds.
I better start looking at that pricing calculator again.